Tuesday, September 01, 2009

So for the past two days a little rusty colored cat has been visiting my porch and hanging out with my family. We've fed her and pet her and tried to catch her once but failed. I automatically grew attached to her and even walked my neighborhood trying to find her. Last night at around 10pm Marty called me downstairs and there she was sitting in the cat carrier happily eating. She's the tiniest little thing, she weighs about 4 lbs. and has the tiniest paws. We guessed she was about 6 months old and got out. My aunt picked her up and took her to the vet this afternoon. She's actually an eight year old Abyssinian who had an uterus infection. If we didn't save her when we did the infection would have spread all through her system and killed her. Out theory is that she was bred and some people made money off her then kicked her out after she got the infection and wasn't able to have any more litters. She's in the hospital till Thursday and then we see if she'll get along with Winston. If not she'll go to a good home and live some more good years.


Bellatrix Peacebone.

Yes, I did really just make a post about a cat.

1 comment:

stefinitely said...

OK this is sad and all and little trixiebone is very cute, but I'm a little grossed out that you typed "an uterus" because my brain read it "an OOterus".